1270 WMPM has been in operation in Johnston County since 1950 when it was opened and operated by Jack Townsend and Fred Horton of Wilson. On December 1, 1958 WMPM was bought by Ellis Barbour, John Ciccone, Carl Lamm and Lynn Barry.
For over 50 years 1270 WMPM operated as a big band, traditional country, bluegrass and gospel music radio station. In 2009, new management and ownership, Family Media Group, LLC., decided to take the station in a new direction, completely changing its format to Christian Talk and Contemporary Music. Lynda Lamm Carroll was named General Manager. Today, 1270 WMPM is Johnston County’s first full-time Christian Radio Station providing the highest quality of ministries, and the best in contemporary music. 1270 WMPM’s goal is to encourage our audience with the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ in both word and music.